Top 10 Marketable College DegreesJuly 10, 2012 - 8:48 pm |
The top 10 marketable college degrees and reasons for going back to college to improve your skill sat, educated manly man.
The demand for education is certainly high across the globe. The demand has increased owing to the fact that many who are already employed or operating their own businesses stream back to colleges not only to obtain the required degrees that employees require but also to obtain the necessary skills in line with their businesses (for those operating their own businesses). Those already employed actually go back to colleges to obtain the necessary qualifications to secure good positions to secure high caliber job opportunities.
While you definitely know what degree program to go for in case you are operating your own business, choosing a marketable degree program can be a challenge in case you are joining college for the first time. The fact that not all degree programs will open up opportunities for you means that you need to seriously choose which degree program to pursue. There are those degree programs that are highly marketable and such are the ones you need to apply for. Your qualifications may not gain you direct entry to pursue them thus, it may be necessary that you upgrade particular grades before you apply. Doing so will certainly be worth the hassle.
1. A degree in accounting is one of the most marketable degrees that you can find. A Bachelor’s degree in accounting literally opens up doors for you to work in various fields including the corporate field. Studies undertaken on marketable degree programs actually reveal that demand for accountants will continue to increase across the globe beyond up to 2018. Depending on several economic factors, demand for the same may extend beyond the indicated period. Pursuing and obtaining a degree in accountancy also gives you the opportunity to study the same to the highest level.
2. Closely related to accountancy and which is also marketable is a degree in finance. This qualification equips you to understand the market, analyze it and be able to evaluate business performance. More importantly, you become better equipped to know when and how to invest. This qualification opens up doors for you to secure employment as a financial analyst, actuary and personal financial advisor. Alternatively, you can also establish your own consultancy.
3. A degree in Engineering is a qualification sought by many students across the globe. Unlike before when students had only mechanical, structural and electrical degree programs to choose from, the engineering field has widened. You can now choose from a range of programs including medical and computer engineering programs amongst others. There is no doubt that job openings for graduate engineers are endless and employment fields are numerous.
4. Computers have literally changed the way things are done, regardless of the field. A degree in computer science is certainly marketable considering the fact that you have various options when it comes to choosing where to work. Returning to college or joining a college for the first time and pursuing a degree in computer science will make you very attractive to different employers. While you will have the opportunity to work as computer support specialist, network administrator or as a computer specialist, you will also have the opportunity to pursue further studies.
5. Depending on your grades, going for a degree course in Biomedical/Bioinformatics is a sure way of reaching your professional goals. The fact is that information science and advances made in the area of technology has made it necessary for the medical field to incorporate the same.
6. The fact that issues to do with environment are taken seriously throughout the world makes going for a degree course in environmental science the best decision you can make.
7. Demand for professionals with a degree in health administration has never been high as it is now. This is necessitated by the fact that health institutions and health research organizations are in need of professionals with the necessary knowledge on how to administer different healthcare programs.
8. Although related to computer science, a degree in IT security is highly marketable. This is certainly because of the increased need to secure both financial and other confidential information.
9. Although a public health degree has been around for decades, it is still one of the top degrees that are still highly marketable. This is certainly because of the need for professionals who can interpret and implement government health policies.
10. Like with public health, a degree in human resource is still highly marketable. This is because of the increased need by employers to have professionals in a better position to manage their vital resources – their employees.
The fact that these are the only degree programs listed as marketable does not mean that others are not. You will find that there are some degree programs that are still highly marketable in certain regions of the world owing to several reasons.