<< Go Back

Advertisement

So, Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman or What is it?

Rumors should always be taken with a grain of salt, but I have to address this shit storm once again, because now another site is reporting that Ben Affleck wants out of the cowl. On the most recent episode of Collider Movie Talk, host John Campea mentioned that multiple sources have told him that Affleck is potentially in the midst of dumping gasoline all over his career once again thanks to the one-two punch critical failure of Batman v Superman and commercial failure of Live by Night.

Essentially Campea says that Affleck is now negotiating with Warner Brothers to get out of starring in The Batman altogether, and if that doesn't work, he's trying to make sure that film will be his last appearance as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Let's face it, the DCEU got off on the wrong foot entirely and suddenly shutting everything down to move in a new direction once a decade has been DC's comic book policy since the 80s. I guess just let Affleck go, focus on Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash's solo movies. Get a new Green Lantern going, then when we come back, oh there's a new Batman that we won't really address or mention at all. Cool. 

I mean, honestly who gives a shit at this point? There can't be more than a couple million people still excited for these films. Let's say roughly 15 percent of the population. That leaves 85 percent of us that would love to see things move in a new direction. Just do it already Warner Brothers. Burn it to the ground. Get it over with. 


Steve attanasie

Steve Attanasie

Tagged in: , , , ,

Categories:

Advertisement

around
comments