So there were apparently rumors floating about the various internets that Tom Hardy was dipping his toes into the Star Wars Universe, and while a lot of people just jumped right to the conclusion that he'd play Boba Fett, that's actually not at all what's happening. Fret not, dear reader, as Hardy may indeed show up in Star Wars: Episode VIII, if this new, far more believable rumor proves to be true...
Making Star Wars (link below) broke more than its fair share of Force Awakens scoops, so it might be worth paying heed to their sources. Mild spoilers ahead...
- Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement.
So nothing earth shattering, just a little Daniel Craig style troopin' bidness. Who knows if this will turn out to be true, but it sounds like the kind of thing the new Star Wars movies love to do.
Via Making Star Wars